Multimedia Interns provide support in the Multimedia Services Department on projects that contribute to the Fleet mission, operations and strategic goals. Interns complete a variety of art and design projects for departments throughout the Fleet.
- Design and prepare illustrations, flyers, brochures, posters and photographic work
- Assist in designing and producing banners and signage
- Assist in web design projects
- College students, pursuing a degree in Art & Design or other related field
- Working knowledge of: Adobe Creative Suite Applications and Microsoft Office Suite; MacOS or PC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and follow-through
- Some previous office experience, preferred
- Reliable, punctual, honest and friendly
- Capable of working independently, as well as in a team environment
- Interest in interacting with people from diverse backgrounds, being courteous, professional, patient and respectful at all times
- Applicants must submit a design portfolio that includes: a cover letter, resume and sample works in a PDF document or a link to your online portfolio
Interns are asked for a minimum service commitment of eight weeks, with 10 or more hours per week, generally between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays. Shifts can be flexible to accommodate school schedule.
All interns participate in the Fleet’s orientation program. Interns also receive training based on individual projects in which they may be asked to participate.
Multimedia Intern Impact
Multimedia Interns play an integral part in the operations of the Fleet, helping to communicate the Fleet’s programs and mission to guests, supporters and prospective guests/supporters. By supporting the Fleet’s communications, there will be increased understanding and awareness of our mission, activities and needs.