Volunteering: It’s in Your DNA!
The Fleet offers numerous volunteer and intern positions in a creative, fun environment. From the gallery floor to the education classrooms to behind-the-scenes administration, every volunteer and intern is an invaluable part of the Fleet family and helps to ensure our guests’ experiences are meaningful, memorable, educational and fun.
Fleet volunteers and interns come from all different backgrounds, each with their own unique skills and expertise. What they have in common is their curiosity, love of learning, enthusiasm, and dedication to creating an excellent guest experience. In return, the Fleet provides training and support for all of our volunteers and interns to ensure a rewarding and successful experience.
All volunteers start as a Museum Ambassador and have the opportunity to cross train into another department.
Benefits of Volunteering at the Fleet:
Besides feeling good about giving back, helping others and supporting a science center you love, you will get these great benefits during the course of your volunteer involvement:
- Free admission to the galleries and theater shows on the days of your shifts
- Earning free passes to the Fleet each month
- Special discounts in the North Star Science Store and Galileo’s Café
- Discounted memberships
- Invitations to Fleet parties, annual Volunteer Recognition Event, other special events, lectures and workshops (with free or discounted admission)
- Gaining new skills and experience
- Meeting interesting people from all around the world
- Achievement of your personal and professional goals
- Recognition and gratitude for your service
For more information:
Current volunteers and interns, click here.
Other helpful pages on this site: