Girl Scout Sleepover
at the Fleet
Saturday, Jul 18, 2015 6:15 pm through Sunday, Jul 19, 2015 8:15 am
As the doors close and the lights dim, you will have the whole museum to yourself!
On Saturday, July 18, you can explore the Fleet Science Center after closing, and after a night of fun, you can fall asleep in the darkened halls of one of San Diego's favorite museums.
Your night of fun includes:
- Fleet Science Center admission and exploration of our hands-on, do touch interactive exhibit galleries that provide a unique, self-guided learning experience for all ages
- An IMAX® show in the world's first Giant Dome Theater-come nose-to-nose with wild animals, plunge deep into the ocean to swim with sea creatures or blast into space to discover new galaxies!
- Fun, hands-on educational workshops
- A scavenger hunt in the science center
- Music and dancing
Must register by July 10!
Reservations: By email or calling (619) 685-5728.
Price: $55 per scout, parent and/or guardian.
Open to girls ages 6-13. A minimum of one adult chaperone is requited for every five girls. All participants must be girls/women, no boys or men allowed.
Check-in is 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Saturday night. Dinner is not included. Pizza, hot dogs and snacks will be available for purchase.
Check out is at 8:00 to 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
What to Pack:
- Your most comfortable clothes, socks and shoes. Pajamas are okay.
- Dress in layers; some areas of the science center are warmer than others.
- Sleeping bag and pillow (no air mattresses or cots, please). A camp pad/yoga mat is okay.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Suitcase, heavy-duty trash bag or other bag large enough for all of your belongings with your name/group clearly labeled.
- Emergency medical information of each camper (group leader/parent/guardian must keep this information ready throughout the event).
- Flashlight (group leader/parent/guardian only).
What NOT to Pack:
- Air mattresses or cots (for safety reasons).
- Hair dryer, curling irons, hair spray, etc.
- Tablet or cell phone. (Only group leaders/parents/guardians may bring electronic devices.)
- Valuables—the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is not responsible for lost or missing items. Please leave valuables at home.
*Special Boy Scout and Girl Scout sleepover programs are available. For the latest information, please call (619) 685-5728.