Science on the Rocks
The Science of Spirits: Craft Cocktails
Thursday, Oct 16, 2014 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Science on the Rocks - Flashing a smile at the Step and Repeat wall
Science on the Rocks overview
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks rock stars
Science on the Rocks - Our iconic Tornado exhibit is part of the party
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks party people
Science on the Rocks - The red carpet entrance
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks party pals
Science on the Rocks - The dance floor
Science on the Rocks - Stealing a kiss at the Step and Repeat wall
Let's raise a glass to our next Science on the Rocks party,
The Science of Sprits—Craft Cocktails!
In October, we'll tantalize you with sips and stories from San Diego's top mixologists and reveal the chemistry behind your favorite whistle-wetters. You'll enjoy sweet and savory food and drink samples, exciting interactive activities and fascinating chats with experts. Stay tuned for more details.
ADVANCE TICKET PRICES:
$25 for nonmembers in advance
$22.50 for students and military with I.D. in advance
$20 for Fleet members, Fleet staff and volunteers, and Balboa Park employees in advance
Advance sales end at 4 p.m. the day of the event. Tickets at the door are $30, no discounts.
This event is open to savvy adults ages 21 and over only. I.D. is required. A cash bar features beer, wine and select cocktails. Tickets are not yet on sale for our October event.
For up-to-the-minute party news, visit us on Facebook.
Did you attend our most recent party? If not, here's what you missed:
Love, Lust and Libido: The Chemistry of Sex
Birds do it. Bees do it. Even educated fleas do it ...
And we're going to do it, too, on Thursday, May 15, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Peep into the science of sex by exploring the laws of attraction, tinkering with sex toys and finding answers to questions surrounding the hot topic of sex. As always, your ticket will include complimentary food and drink samples, fascinating presentations and intriguing activities. Don't be uptight. Join the fun!
Be tempted by sinful sips by Helm's Brewing Company, The Lost Abbey and Port Brewing Company,
Aztec Brewing Company,Twisted Manzanita Ales and California Fruit Wines. [Aztec cannot attend due to the fires.]
- Sample bites courtesy of Lil' Piggy's BBQ, West Coast Tavern, Feast On This and Carriage Trade Catering.
- Let our scientists show you the dangerous side of a midnight rendezvous with a bed of nails and the science behind morning breath.
Take it slow and make your own fun Super Slo-Mo Video, thanks to A Little Scene.[Canceled due to the fires.]
- Do you like it hot or do you prefer it cool? Experiment with chemistry and learn how temperature-sensitive lubricants work.
- Find out what the buzz is about—take apart adult toys to see how they function.
- Delve into the mechanics of the mind during a chat about the chemical reactions that occur in the brain when lust or love take over.
- Practice your sexy laugh during a sassy comedy show by Robert Timothy.
- Discover the primal urges that still drive us today, and find out how understanding the laws of attraction can help you create a successful relationship.
- Shake your groove thing while our DJ spins tunes.
- And be among the first to see our mind-bending new exhibition, ILLUSION: Nothing Is As It Seems.
|We thank our past event supporters:|
|We also thank our event partners:|