Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 6:15 pm through Sunday, Apr 26, 2015 8:30 am
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is excited to invite you to attend one of our popular sleepover events!
On Saturday, April 25, you can explore the Fleet Science Center after closing, and after a night of fun, you can fall asleep in the darkened halls of one of San Diego’s favorite museums.
Your night of fun includes:
- Admission to an exploration of the Fleet's hands-on, do-touch interactive exhibits and galleries that provide a unique, self-guided learning experience for all ages.
- An IMAX® show on the world’s first Giant Dome Theater—come nose-to-nose with wild animals, plunge deep into the ocean to swim with sea creatures or blast into space to discover new galaxies!
- Fun, hands-on educational workshops
- A scavenger hunt in the science center
- Music and dancing
- Continental breakfast the next morning
- Open to children ages 6–13. A minimum of one adult chaperone is required for every five children.
- Check-in is 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Check-out is the following morning from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Dinner is not included. Pizza, hot dogs and snacks will be available for purchase.
- The North Star Science Store will open early the next morning for shopping, and sleepover guests get a 15% discount on purchases!
$55 per child, parent or chaperone.
For this sleepover to proceed, we need a minimum of 50 attendees registered. If the minimum requirement is not met two weeks prior to the event date, the sleepover will be cancelled. If the sleepover is cancelled due to low registration, you will receive a full refund. Please feel free to encourage your friends to sign up, in order to ensure that the minimum is met.
Questions? Please call (619) 685-5728 or email email@example.com.
What to Pack:
- Your most comfortable clothes, socks and shoes. Pajamas are okay.
- Dress in layers; some areas of the science center are warmer than others.
- Sleeping bag and pillow (no air mattresses or cots, please). A camp pad/yoga mat is okay.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Suitcase, heavy-duty trash bag or other bag large enough for all of your belongings with your name/group clearly labeled.
- Emergency medical information of each camper (group leader/parent/guardian must keep this information ready throughout the event).
- Snacks or drinks (storage space is available in the science center).
- Change for additional exhibit attractions.
- Flashlight (group leader/parent/guardian only).
What NOT to Pack:
- Air mattresses or cots (for safety reasons).
- Hair dryer, curling irons, hair spray, etc.
- Tablet or cell phone. (Only group leaders/parents/guardians may bring electronic devices.)
- Valuables—the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is not responsible for lost or missing items. Please leave valuables at home.
*Special Boy Scout and Girl Scout sleepover programs are available. For the latest information, please call (619) 685-5728.