Rockin’ Science Sleepovers at the Fleet
You can rock out and spend a night at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center! Rockin’ Science Sleepovers at the Fleet are a wildly popular nocturnal adventure in one of San Diego’s favorite museums.
As the doors close and the lights dim, you and your group will be able to have the special exhibition, GUITAR: The Instrument That Rocked the World, all to yourself! Explore the science of sound and strum the world’s largest playable guitar in this exclusive, engaging exhibition.
Reservations: By email or calling (619) 685-5761
Price: $50 per child, parent and/or guardian. A minimum group size of 50 is required.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
This Fantastic Night of fun Includes:
- Museum admission and exploration of our exhibit galleries.
- A show on the Giant Dome screen.
- Two fun, educational workshops.
- A scavenger hunt in the science center.
- A DVD on the Dome—watch the movie of your choice.
- A light continental breakfast.
Please note that dinner or an evening snack are NOT included.
- Open to children ages 6 to 13. At least one adult chaperone is required for every five children. Register in advance.
- Check-in is from 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Dinner is not included, so please eat before you check in!
- The North Star Science Store will open early the next morning at 8 a.m. just for you!
What to Pack:
- Your most comfortable clothes, socks and shoes. Pajamas are okay.
- Dress in layers; some areas of the science center are warmer than others.
- Sleeping bag and pillow (no air mattresses or cots, please). A camp pad/yoga mat is okay.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Suitcase, heavy-duty trash bag or other bag large enough for all of your belongings with your name/group clearly labeled.
- Emergency medical information of each camper (group leader/parent/guardian must keep this information ready throughout the event).
- Snacks or drinks (storage space is available in the science center).
- Change for additional exhibit attractions.
- Flashlight (group leader/parent/guardian only).
What NOT to Pack:
- Air mattresses or cots (for safety reasons).
- Hair dryer, curling irons, hair spray, etc.
- Tablet or cell phone. (Only group leaders/parents/guardians may bring electronic devices.)
- Valuables—the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is not responsible for lost or missing items. Please leave valuables at home.
*Special Boy Scout and Girl Scout sleepover programs are available. For the latest information, please call (619) 685-5761.