- At The Fleet
Aventuras Salvajes En California (2000): Es una expedición virtual que te deslizara desde las montañas junto con snowboarders, girando por los aires de San Diego con skysurfers, nadando los océanos junto con las nutrias, excavando desde treinta metros...
Rolling Stones [IMAX]at the MAXSpecial limited engagement! See the Stones: Bigger and louder than ever before! Shot on location in Turin, Berlin and London, Rolling Stones at the MAX features the band performing during their highly-acclaimed Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour. The Stones...
The Discoverers [IMAX]Feel the Courage. Live the Adventure.This film will show as part of Senior Monday on Monday, Dec. 2, only. Based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Daniel J. Boorstin, this stunning film relives some of mankind's greatest moments of discovery, including Magellan's expedition to find the...
Back for a limited run in December 2013! Encounter the wilds of California as you sky surf over San Diego at 150mph, ride down a 25-foot wave at Maverick’s, snowboard the Sierra’s highest peaks and drop 130 feet into the center of a giant Sequoia! From...
What you can't see is right before your eyes!Mysteries of the Unseen World provides you with an incredible look at things that are normally too slow, too fast, too small or too vast for the human eye to see. The film's innovative use of high-speed and time-lapse photography, electron microscopy and...
Technology Takes OffExplore aerodynamics and flight technology in the Fleet’s newest exhibition, On the Fly: Technology Takes Off. The exhibition features multiple daily performances by small-scale unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), complemented by interactive stations where...
The Instrument That Rocked the WorldStarting December 20th, the Fleet Science Center will ROCK you! The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is cranking science up to 11 this winter with the West Coast premiere of GUITAR: The Instrument That Rocked the World! Experience the guitar through...
Get Your Hands On ScienceOur Main Gallery exhibition combines some of our all-time favorites with exciting interactive exhibits from San Francisco’s Exploratorium. This collection features opportunities to explore mechanics, motion, math, hearing, electricity and many other...
Celebrate the Season at the FleetBalboa Park December Nights is the largest free community festival in San Diego. Come to Balboa Park and celebrate the holidays with lights, food, music and fun. The two-day extravaganza, Balboa Park's holiday gift to San Diego, features international...
A Live Concert Series Celebrating GUITARThe Fleet is ready to ROCK with our first-ever live concert series! Each show will feature: Two performances: an awesome opening act and a rockin' headliner Food for purchase from The French Gourmet Beer, wine and cocktails available at the no-...
An Early Morning Comet ISON CelebrationCOFFEE & COMETS is an early morning celebration for Comet ISON on Tuesday, November 26, at 5:30AM! This event has reached its registration capacity. SIGN UP FOR THE WAITLIST HERE Comet ISON has raised a lot of hope among skywatchers. The comet is...
The First Monday of Each MonthThe first Monday of every month, seniors 65 and better can enjoy the Science Center exhibits, a show in the Heikoff Giant Dome Theater and a lecture on the quietest day of the month for only $8! No coupons or additional discounts are accepted. The Fleet'...
The Science of ROCKOur next Science on the Rocks party is Thursday, January 23: The Science of ROCK! Our most recent party was on October 17. Look for pictures on our Science on the Rocks Facebook page soon. Didn't make it? Here's what you missed: Fall in love with...
Fleet volunteers and interns come from all different backgrounds, each with their own unique skills and expertise. What they have in common is their curiosity, love of learning, enthusiasm, and dedication to creating an excellent guest experience. In...
- Adult Programs
- Family Programs
- Youth Programs
- School Programs
- Outreach Programs
- Family Science Nights
- Guided Tours
- Nierman Challenger Learning Center
- IMAX Films
- Exhibit Galleries
- Home School Classes
- Special Events
- Teacher Guide
- Registration and Field Trip Policies
- Contact the Education Department
- Teacher Professional Development
- Nierman Challenger Learning Center
- Science Blog
- About Us
Discounts, Deals & Special Offers
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park offers the following promotions for qualifying guests to save on admission, including members of the military, senior citizens, teachers, large groups, San Diego residents, college students and more!
Good Grades? Free Admission for “A” Students
- Attention, students! If you received an “A” or “Advanced” in any science or math subject within the past three months, bring your report card to the Ticket Counter for free gallery admission! Kindergarten through 12th grade students only, from schools within a 20-mile radius of the Science Center. Must be accompanied by a paying adult. Not valid with education programs. Valid through December 2014.
- Every day, we honor military service members and their families with a 10% discount on admission, tasty food from Galileo’s Café and cool science-themed gifts and gadgets from the North Star Science Store. Just present your military I.D.
- Discount vouchers, good for 20% off admission, are available at the following MWR ticket office locations: 32nd Street, Silver Strand, North Island, Sub Base, Navy Station, Pier 7, Drive Side, Medical Center/Balboa Park, Camp Pendleton, MCRD and Miramar.
- Residents' Free Tuesdays: On the first Tuesday of each month, we offer free admission and discounted theater show tickets for military members. See below for more information.
- We offer free gallery admission for K–12 teachers who work within a 200-mile radius of the Science Center and a guest.
- Educators may also purchase up to two Dome Theater tickets for $10 each. To receive the special price, you must show school or union I.D. and complete an educator survey.
- Please note: This discount does not apply to college-level, vocational or home educators.
Residents' Free Tuesday: For San Diego County Residents, Local College Students and Military
- The first Tuesday of each month is Residents’ Free Tuesday. San Diego county residents, local college students and military get free admission to our exhibit galleries and discounted Dome Theater tickets. Residents must show I.D. with a local address, students must show their school I.D. and military must show military I.D. Theater tickets are discounted to $10 per person. For more info: Residents’ Free Tuesdays.
The first Monday of every month is set aside for seniors to enjoy the Science Center exhibits, a Dome Theater show, and educational programming for only $8! No coupons or additional discounts apply. Learn more: Senior Mondays.
Sponsored by ScholarShare College Savings Plan.
Groups of 15 or More
- Your group of 15 or more can get discounted admission to the Fleet. You must reserve in advance to be eligible for the discounted admission rate. You will also receive one free admission per 10 paid admissions! To make arrangements with a Client Services representative, call (619) 238-1233 x806 or Contact Us.
Passports to Balboa Park, Day Passes and Go San Diego Cards
- These admission options include gallery admission and one Dome Theater show. Please present the passport, day pass or Go San Diego card at the Ticket Counter. Passports to Balboa Park are available for purchase at the Fleet Ticket Counter. Day Passes may be purchased at the Visitors Center in the House of Hospitality in Balboa Park. Go San Diego cards can be purchased online.
The Balboa Park Explorer
The Balboa Park Explorer is the first-ever annual pass that provides unlimited general admission to 17 cultural institutions in the park. The Balboa Park Explorer provides San Diegans with exceptional convenience and value. The pass is now available for purchase at three levels: Student or Senior: $99, Individual: $129, Family: $199 (for up to 6 people, a maximum of 2 adults and 4 children). To purchase the Balboa Park Explorer, visit buymyexplorer.org/fleet.html. The Balboa Park Explorer pass is accepted at the Fleet for gallery admission. Dome Theater shows may be added at a discount.
Three spacious meeting rooms and a 300-seat Dome Theater make our facilities a magical setting for group events of all sizes. Learn more about hosting a private event for corporate meetings, school outings, weddings and other occasions.
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is seeking volunteers
The Science Center is seeking volunteers for its many programs. Volunteers gain new skills and experiences, meet interesting people from around the world, earn free admission to our galleries and theater shows, achieve personal and professional goals, and much more! Apply today!